Sunday, September 25, 2011

Driving Again

This October 2nd will be twelve years since I've been behind the wheel independently. For those of you that may not know me, in 1999 I was in an automobile accident that left me paralyzed. I'm considered a C5/6 Quadriplegic which means all four of my limbs suffered some extent of paralysis.

Over the past years I've been trying to regain as much independance as possible. My goals are to be able to drive again, find a job and to move into a place of my own. I've had several job offers over the years but getting there was the problem. In my small town there isn't any public transportation plus most the job offers have been in surrounding towns.

As you can see my goals kept getting put aside so I'm trying to raise money to have handcontrols installed in my van. The freedom of being able to go again without looking for a ride, returning to work, returning to a social life, dating, living life again. That's what I feel like I missing without driving.

If you'd like to donate towards my driving goals please do so by paypal.
www.PayPal.com then hit send money and my email is showtm490@yahoo.com Your support and donation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment